I stopped listening to music pretty much after marriage. Okay, I do listen to it every now and then when I drive, but since we’re usually in the car together, we talk and music simply becomes background noise. Music isn’t an activity I look for on purpose anymore.
I suppose that music could be a great way to fill gaps that people leave sometimes- there are songs about love, friendships, and well, life in general. But I guess once those gaps are less noticeable, music isn’t that big of a deal. But the Mrs. had two iTunes gift cards and if she wasn’t gonna get any new tunes, I wouldn’t let the opportunity just walk by.
After adding a few songs however, it made me realize that I miss jamming and losing myself in the rhythm of a good song. So maybe I’ll try and befriend my iPod more often. And in case you were wondering, these are my newest additions (and some words about why I got ’em):
- “When I get you Alone” by Thicke Because it’s pure awesomeness.
- “Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap I heard this track while watching “500 days of summer,” so I had to have it.
- “Panic Switch” By Silversun Pickups Because it makes me sing every time they play it on the radio.
- “The Runaways” (Album) by The Runaways I watched the movie “The Runaways” not too long ago and I fell in love with this band. I promise it has nothing to do with Kristin Stewart playing yet another lesbian role. Okay maybe it has something to do with it.
- “What’s my Name?” by Rihanna & Drake I almost didn’t admit to this, but this song has a nice beat to it.
- “Such Great Heights” by The Postal Service Heard it in Grey’s Anatomy. Enough said.
- “Lisztomania” by Phoenix My wife used to listen to this song all the time when we were dating…
- “So What” by P!nk It’s Pink so I don’t think I need a reason.
- “Laura No Esta” by Nek Italian singers drive me crazy!
- “What it Feels Like for a Girl” by Madonna The one Madonna song I didn’t have.
- “Entre tu y Mil Mares” by Laura Pausini Another Italian singer. She’s perhaps my favorite.
- “I Love Rock & Roll”(Album) by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts Same as #4.
- “Bad Reputation”(Album) by Joan Jett Ibid.
- “What the Hell” by Avril Lavigne Post-divorce music, needed to know what she’s about nowadays.
- “Cuando Nadie me Ve” by Alejandro Sanz This Spanish singer’s voice is just amazing… This guy sings with his soul. Same for the following three songs.
- “Corazon Partio” by Alejandro Sanz
- “Quisiera Ser” by Alejandro Sanz
- “El Alma al Aire” by Alejandro Sanz