It should be no secret that I blog because I want to be read. There are bloggers who write because they find it therapeutic. This type of bloggers would be absolutely fine if they never get a visitor to their blog. One could argue that if they’re writing online is because they want attention. But the counterargument would be that we no longer write on paper unless we have to- hence why blogging, even if just for personal purposes, would be justified. But I simply don’t belong to this breed of bloggers.
Writing something valuable that could help others has always been a dream of mine. But blogging, specially when you don’t get paid for it, tends to drift towards a journal type of writing. One in which blabbering about how you cooked eggs this morning becomes the norm. But who am I to decide what readers want to read? Not too long ago we would have laughed at the idea of people watching other people do nothing, yet Reality TV has flourished so much we can now find a show at any given time on any given day.
But I’m no Reality Blogging star. I gave up my pursuit for fame when I decided to write anonymously. This blog was supposed to be a display of the struggles of married students. But the dream has yet to materialize (at least in its entirety).
The Mrs. and I have come to know that life doesn’t quite give you a break. There is always that reading to do, or work, or the internship, or just life in general. I’m not quite saying that blogging isn’t the priority, but it hasn’t been for me given the fact that I’m unsure of what type of effect we’re actually making. But that won’t keep us from trying. I have seen other couples split due to the stress of school/work, so we must be doing something right. At least for now.
Mrs. This One:
- Fall Quarter started off to a rocky start when I fell ill and was unable to function properly enough to go to class or my internship.
- Had to reschedule the LSAT for December 3rd (see first bullet point).
- In the process of applying to law schools.
Mrs. That One:
- Did super well in the GRE.
- Not too thrilled about the stress of it, but in the process of applying to graduate programs in history.
- Would still love to have a puppy- right this second.
- Went to Russia and wants to share the following pictures with you:
Stay tuned for more!
-Mrs. This One
P.S. The Interview – Pt. 3 is coming soon!