I got my third decision today. “Waitlisted” at We’re Not Sure We Want You University (WU). It wasn’t a rejection, but it wasn’t an acceptance. What to make of it then? My wife said: “That’s a good thing. Better than getting rejected right away!” But is it? I replied to her: “Let me explain how I feel right now. Say we’re still dating. Then you ask me to marry you. To which I say ‘Gosh, that sounds great, but I think this other girl I really like might propose soon too. So let’s wait a bit, and if that doesn’t work out, then we can revisit your proposition.'”
Should I withdraw? I’m not sure yet. I might be too emotional still to make a rational decision.
-Mrs. This One