As college students, we always complain that we don’t have enough time to cook or eat well. In fact, I’ve said this more times than I can remember. However, for my health’s sake and perhaps my wife’s happiness, it’s been a couple of days now that I’m in some sort of cooking mood.
So I did what I do best, that is Google things, and I found the following Colorful Vegetable Bake recipe from allrecipes.com:
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Place beans and peppers in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with tomatoes, cheese and zucchini. In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, salt, cayenne, eggs and milk just until moistened. Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Edit (5/10): Forgot to mention that I doubled the salt and the cayenne pepper, and added Italian herbs (but you can do this to taste).